Our recent trip, November 10-15, 2014, was a great success. Here's a very brief itinerary:
- We first visited Chaco Canyon in New Mexico, a very special place for the Pueblo tribes of the Southwest.
- In the Pueblo of Zuni, NM, we distributed quality blankets to many of the elderly and then bought a truck load of fire wood for Thelma (pictured below, top right).
- We brought 2 room heaters to John & Thelma, a special family in Window Rock, AZ, the capital of the Navajo Nation (bottom left).
- In Hopi, AZ we distributed blankets to the veterans in the village of Shungopavi and to people in other villages. We also gave food certificates to elderly Hopi, some with very challenging needs. We are planning to purchase and install a larger heater in Uberta's home in Hotevilla.
- Throughout our travels we encouraged and blessed many others in various ways.
Go to hopi.org for more information.